Here is a brief review of Twitter, a microblogging and social networking service. Everything you need to know,
Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service. This service allows users to post and interact with messages known as “tweets”.
Meanwhile, Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters but was later increased to 280 characters on November 7, 2017.
Tweets are available in many languages except Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
Furthermore, Tweets allows its registered users to post, like, and retweet tweets, but unregistered users can only read them.
Similarly, users can also have access to tweet through the Twitter website interface, through Short Message Service (SMS) or its mobile-device application software (“app”).
Founders of Twitter.
Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams creates and launched Twitter on March 2006
1. Jack Patrick Dorsey is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. He is the co-founder and CEO of Twitter.
2. Noah Glass is an American software developer. He is the brain behind the launch of Twitter.
3. Christopher Isaac “Biz” Stone is an American entrepreneur. He co-founded Twitter, among other Internet-based services.
4. Evan Clark Williams is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. He founded several Internet companies. He was previously the chairman and CEO of Twitter.
Executive Chairman Of Twitter.
Omid R. Kordestani is an Iranian-American businessman. He is also the Executive Chairman of Twitter since October 2015.
Development of Twitter.
Following the creation of the software in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, it was finally launched on July 2006 by Noah Glass.
The service immediately gained wide acceptance worldwide after it was first launched. Similarly, by 2012 over 100 million users have already started posting over 340 million tweets on a daily basis on that platform. This significant increase in the number of usage of the service prompted the company to to make series of updates in their software.
Consequently in 2013 the service was listed among the top 10 most visted websites. Furthermore the website/software application was described as “the SMS of the Internet”.
Meanwhile, by 2018, Twitter already had over 321 million monthly active users. For instance, during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Twitter was the basic social media that was used for the election campaign.
On the area of breaking news/latest news updates, Twitter remains the most widely used social media.
Features and Functions of Twitter.
As simple as creating a twitter account, downloading the application software in your device, you can be able to edit, manage, edit and even delete your account at your will.
If you have Twitter account, with the app or the website, you can also be able to explore the following advantages:
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Find out who to start following and also who you will start following.
- Do business advert and build a wide audience online.
- Chat privately with friends and followers.
- Share instant messages and files online.
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you online.
- Share Tweets and other media messages online.
- Follow celebrities online and chat them up.
- Connect with friends and family members.
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
- Build a long last relationship online.
- Meet up new people online etc.
In summary, Twitter is one of the most used social network in the globe. Meanwhile this microblogging and social networking service enables registered users to chat online with friends and family members, make new connections, both online and offline, and meet better opportunities, follow celebrities of their choice online, share instant messages and files, do business advert with wider audience, build a better community of fans and supporters online, etc. This social network is available in iOS and Android devices, users can also access this social network on window devices.